Sunday, August 14, 2016

Daily Painting #2 "Mailbox"

Day 2 of my Daily Paintings!

I'm enjoying using my Open Acrylics with their longer wet time for these little paintings. It does take some adjustment from the regular acrylics I normally use. But that was the whole plan with this exercise! And I had a hard time not getting in there and adding tiny details to that mailbox!! :)

Something about this red mailbox on a country lane in early spring. Pretty nostalgic! The arrival of the mail used to be the main communication with friends and family. Not any more :)

"002 Mailbox" 5x7 acrylic on canvas panel

Here's a link to a little video about the making of this painting, and encouraging you to join the challenge!  https://youtu.be/oZTSIkNABEE


 unframed original available: $50 plus shipping


Title of the Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment