Sunday, August 14, 2016

Daily Painting Challenge!

I've given myself a new challenge - Daily Paintings.

It's not a new idea, but it's a good one! The idea is to paint a small, quick painting every day. I'm using 5" x 7" canvas panels, Open Acrylics, maybe some regular acrylics as well, and one about 3/4" wide brush. This is to help loosen up, stop worrying about details, stop thinking, take risks, be adventurous. After all it's just a small amount of paint and time and an inexpensive panel!

I've been having trouble lately deciding on what to paint. So I thought this would be a good way to stop worrying about that and just try anything!

I've also been trying to paint more loosely, experiment with color and brushstrokes. Just push those boundaries into a more creative space.

So, I'm going to take an hour or so, anything I have around to work from life, or a reference photo or part of one. And just paint!

That's my plan. Want to join me?

Here is day one - " 001 Vineyard" 5x7 acrylic on canvas pane



 P.S.
In case you are interested - all paintings will be available for purchase through the PayPal button below at $50.00 USD plus $10.00 shipping. For shipping outside of the U.S. please email me for cost.


Title of the Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment